Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Power of 3

     I was talking with Phil & Troy (One of "3" Crew Teams) this morning and we were amazed at the Power of 3 and Kevin's warrior performance in this race. The Energizer Bunny should step aside! After getting 3 hrs. of sleep Kevin covered almost 180 miles in 11.5 hrs. He checked in at TS 37 at 6:13 (notice the "3"). He also gained 3 hrs 5 mins.(notice the "3") of time on Jim Rees. I almost forgot, he stopped at McDonalds and had I'm told "3" items to eat. So here's to the Power of 3.
    They say Kevin is feeling good and staying the course. 
    Also this morning Channel 6 News had a film clip of Kevin riding and many good things to say. They are covering him to the end.
   
  Here's a clip from Chris G. the RAAM Reporter:

Last time I gave an update on this excellent battle was through Effingham. I'm pretty sure, over the last few time stations, each rider has had a rest.

Kevin Kaiser now leads by just over 3 hours when both riders went through Sullivan, 2230 miles into the race.

From looking at the information I have in front of me, I'm pretty sure Jim Rees had a rest between Effingham and Sullivan and Kaiser had a rest before Greenville as Kaiser is now, since Greenville, averaging over 15mph through the last two time stations. He is flying.

Regardless of the breaks and considering the speed Kevin is going at, I see him pulling right away from Rees here. But we all know Rees, he will keep this close.

    Go Kevin!
   
    Gator
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment